Mission San Francisco de Asís, or Mission Dolores, is the oldest surviving structure in San Francisco and the sixth religious settlement established as part of the California chain of missions. The Mission was founded on June 29, 1776, by Lieutenant José Joaquin Moraga and Father Francisco Palóu (a companion of Father Junipero Serra), both members of the de Anza Expedition, which had been charged with bringing Spanish settlers to Alta (upper) California, and evangelizing the local Natives, the Ohlone.
......... from Wikipedia - select 'Wikipedia' tab above to read more.
continue to profile page : open in new page/tab The Merchants Exchange Building is an office building located at 465 California Street, San Francisco. The Merchants Exchange actually refers to three distinct buildings in the city's history, the first on Battery Street, and the latter two at the present site on California Street, between Montgomery Street and Leidesdorff Alley.Built: 1903 Design Architect : Daniel Burnham Design Architect : Willis Polk location:
465 California Street
San Francisco, California
continue to profile page : open in new page/tab Filoli is a country house set in 16 acres (6.5 ha) of formal gardens surrounded by 654 acres (265 ha) estate, located in Woodside, California, about 25 miles (40 km) south of San Francisco, at the southern end of Crystal Springs Lake, on the eastern slope of the Santa Cruz Mountains.Built: 1917 Design Architect : Willis Polk style: Colonial Revival architecture location: