Herbert and Katherine Jacobs First House, commonly referred to as Jacobs I, is a single family home located in Madison, Wisconsin. Designed by noted American architect Frank Lloyd Wright, it was constructed in 1937 and is considered by most to be the first Usonian home. ......... from Wikipedia - select 'Wikipedia' tab above to read more.more buildings by Frank Lloyd Wright
continue to profile page : open in new page/tab The Weltzeheimer/Johnson House is a Usonian style house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in Oberlin, Ohio. It is now owned by Oberlin College and is operated as part of the Allen Memorial Art Museum. The house was originally named the Charles Weltzheimer Residence.Built: 1949 Design Architect : Frank Lloyd Wright location:
continue to profile page : open in new page/tab The Frank L. Smith Bank, also known as the First National Bank of Dwight, is a bank building in Dwight, Illinois, United States that was designed by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Wright's earliest designs for the building date to 1904, but it was constructed in 1905 and opened in 1906. The design of the bank building deliberately rejects the classical influences common at the time, and is meant to evoke an air of simple dignity.Built: 1905 Design Architect : Frank Lloyd Wright location:
continue to profile page : open in new page/tab The A. D. German Warehouse is a Frank Lloyd Wright designed Mayan Revival warehouse that was constructed in Richland Center, Wisconsin in 1921. Wright was born in Richland Center in 1867.Built: 1921 Design Architect : Frank Lloyd Wright style: Mayan Revival location:
Richland Cener, Wisconsin
continue to profile page : open in new page/tab The Dana-Thomas House or Susan Lawrence Dana House or Dana House (built 1902-04) is an expression of architect Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie Style. Located along East Lawrence Avenue in Springfield, Illinois, USA, for patron Susan Lawrence Dana, the town house reflects the mutual affection of the patron and the architect for organic architecture, the relatively flat landscape of the U.S. state of Illinois, and the Japanese aesthetic as expressed in Japanese prints.Built: 1904 Design Architect : Frank Lloyd Wright location:
301 East Lawrence Ave
continue to profile page : open in new page/tab Kentuck Knob, also known as the Hagan House, is a residence designed by the American architect Frank Lloyd Wright in rural Stewart Township near the village of Chalk Hill, Fayette County, Pennsylvania, USA, about 50 miles (80 km) southeast of Pittsburgh. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.Built: 1956 Design Architect : Frank Lloyd Wright style: Usonian location:
Fayette County, Pennsylvania
continue to profile page : open in new page/tab The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum (often referred to as "The Guggenheim") is a well-known museum located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City, United States. It is the permanent home to a renowned collection of Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, early Modern, and contemporary art and also features special exhibitions throughout the year. Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, it is one of the 20th century's most important architectural landmarks. The museum opened on October 21, 1959, and was the second museum opened by the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation; from 2005 to 2008 it underwent an extensive renovation.Built: 1959 Design Architect : Frank Lloyd Wright style: Mid-century Modern location:
1071 Fifth Ave.
New York, New York
continue to profile page : open in new page/tab The Reverend Jesse R. Zeigler Residence is a Frank Lloyd Wright house in Frankfort, Kentucky.
The Zeigler house is the only Frank Lloyd Wright structure built in Kentucky during the lifetime of the famous architect. The design came from a chance meeting between Zeiger and Wright while both were traveling to Europe in late October 1909. They struck up a conversation and the commission of this structure, completed the following year, was the result. The structure is a typical example of Wright's "A Fireproof House for $5000".
The structure was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
Built: 1909 Design Architect : Frank Lloyd Wright location:
buildings close to Herbert and Katherine Jacobs First House